View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 12:24 PM   #5
lynnw

Hi Lori,

Our situations are very similar. I was diagnosed April 04 with invasive ductal, I am ER+, PR+, and her2+++. I had a mastectomy and 8 out of 12 nodes positive. I did a combination of chemotherapy, including taxol/carboplatin/herceptin (16 weekly treatments) and AC (4 biweekly treatments). I had radiation and am now getting herceptin every three weeks and taking tamoxifen. I am 34, happily married for almost 7 years, and have a 5 and a 2 1/2 year old. I am also a 7th grade teacher! I share your belief that God has led us down this path for a reason and will guide us through. To answer your question about testing, I don't have scans or tests unless I present symptoms. For example, I recently had a brain MRI after having headaches; it was clear (Thank God). To be honest, testing is something that I think about quite a bit. I feel great right now and would like life to get back to normal without all the worrying, but at the same time, I don't want to let something sneak up on me. My doctors have told me that they do not advise regular scanning without symptoms because it doesn't really change the outcome of things for most women. So, I've taken their advice by just following up on any aches or pains that persist. I also pray constantly that God will enable me to watch my children grow up and I have faith that this will happen. Take care and God bless!