View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
lor

Hello ladies (and gentlemen),

I was looking for advice on what kinds of tests I should have after I finish my chemo. As of right now I believe I am going to have a CT scan and some blood work. I am new to all of these test and was hoping you could tell me what kind of tumor marker tests I should have. I know that I should get a brain MRI every 6 months.

Here is my background with this nasty disease. I have 7 more weeks of taxol/herceptin followed by 40 more weeks of herceptin (b31 trial). Prior to that I had 4 rounds of AC. I had a lumpectomy and 8 of 18 positive nodes. BRAC test were negative. I am stage 3a Er/Pr+ and her2+++, grade 3.

I see my onc Friday and want to talk to him about my post chemo plan. I am 32 years old with a 3 and 5 year old that I plan on sticking around to see have their own children. I believe that the info I get from this site will help me see my grandchildren. I also believe God is with me as my treatment has been going very well, I was able to teach 7th graders 'til school let out and just finished teaching a week of vacation bible school! I believe God has led me to this site for support and guidance.

Bless all of you!
Lori