View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 08:27 PM   #4
jessica

Hi Irene~
I'm hoping the scope & biopsy will reveal that whatever that is they're seeing on your scans is just an artifact...hang in there...this waiting can be the most grueling part.
I was on abraxane 2 months ago to address a single, very stubborn, recurrent spot in my liver. I was NED for a year when this thing popped up & we addressed it w/a couple of attempts of TH, then RFA, then finally we moved on to Abraxane/Herceptin q3weeks. (The plan was to do 3 cycles, then scan. Unfortunately for me, on the 3rd cycle the chemo nurse discovered that they'd been dosing me incorrectly...triple dose Abraxane, but only 1/3 dose Herceptin. My scans showed little change & a new lung nodule, so we switched again to TCH. This combo has brought me back to NED!)
The Abraxane+Herceptin combo was a breeze! No pre-meds-so great! & the infusion time is just one hour-30mins Abraxane & 30mins Herceptin. It was so nice to be able to drive myself home safely & not feel all goofed up for the rest of the day. I had some flu-like symptoms for a couple of days following tx, but the triple dose of Herceptin alone used to make me feel that way.Nothing a couple of tylenol couldn't fix. Right now I think the Abraxane protocol is dosing q3weeks, but I do know there are other Abraxane trials using the weekly dose. Apparently dosing weekly has a slight anti-angiogenic benefit.
If you do need to go back on chemo, I hope you tolerate the Abraxane well. It has worked so well for so many people...it'll work for you too!
Keep the faith!

ps-my docs are considering resecting out that "problem" spot in my liver...I'm really intimidated by that surgery.may i contact you w/questions if we pursue resection?