View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #3
AlaskaAngel

Hi Michele,

Once again oncologists are not clear on what is "best" for any of us, and that leaves us trying to figure out whose advice will give us the most protection when there is no best answer -- and yet oncs are all coming up with various answers anyhow.

I want to know from EVIDENCE more about the choice of taking Herceptin WITH the taxane, or the Herceptin alone, and just how much each choice ends up dropping the recurrence rate or not as the years go by, or even just how much side effect there actually truly is, rather than just go by their best "guesses" about side effect. Do we even know for sure what the recurrence rate truly is for those 12+ months out, since there are so many who do not even know their HER2 status?

So I would think that in a clinical trial some would fit into your category too. Or am I not understanding your question?

Basically I think it would be helpful to simply get some idea whether the group of those who are interested in getting genuine data from a clinical trial is big or little.

A.A.