View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
triciak

I would also like to know any responses to this question. I had a heart attack a year ago, and in preparing for heart surgery, a CT scan found stage IV Her-2 positive, estrogen receptive BC mets in my lungs. The heart attack probably saved my life! The heart surgery was indefinitely postponed because of the cancer. I had 6 months of navelbine and herceptin plus femara, and have been on just femara and herceptin since. The cancer is under control and I am feeling very good, yet when I ask either my heart doctor or the oncologist about doing the heart surgery I get a run-around. It is obvious that neither of them believe the heart surery should be done , although there is quite a bit of damage to the heart from the heart attack. When I ask why both just say the surgery would be very hard on me under the circumstances. I almost get the impression that they think I am not going to make it anyhow so why do the surgery! I would be grateful for any comments or experiences from anyone about surgery being possible and being successful. Thank you so much for all the help and encouragement I get from this site. Tricia