View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #5
Janet/FL

Montana writes:
I was not offered Herceptin...onc said I wouldn't quality???? This was LAST WEEK!
Stage 1, Grade 3, Her2+++, DCIS and IDC; had 2 lumpy, A/C X 4 and 33 rads. Now on AI.
I guess I have to wait for recurrence???
tumor less than 1 cm 0 nodes positive.

Hello
Montana, when were you diagnosed and treated?

I am very similar-- same size tumor but grade 2 --am ER/PR-, but I did not do the A/C as was recommended. I figured then--lumpectomy 12/07/04--why do A/C without herceptin. (33 rads).
I still feel that way and I have bugged my oncologist about it. His nurse agrees with me and that it is politics and money that keeps herceptin from us. I see my oncologist Tuesday and will ask again. Trouble is, I don't know if I want to go through A/C now even if herceptin would be offered. With about an 80% chance of having no reoccurance, it is hard to decide to put my mind and body through so much. But I have the flu now, and it does scare me that maybe this is my body unable to fight cancer, too. So, will report back what my oncologist says.

I was reading a poll on another list. Most of the people reporting in are either A or O blood type. Almost no B or AB's. I am an A. I wonder what this means?
Janet/FL