View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

Hi everyone -

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are back from our Caribbean cruise and it was FANTASTIC. Have not felt this refreshed in a long time.
I recommend it to everyone if you can.

Our first stop was in GRAND CAYMAN which was still a bit torn up from last years Hurricane. We came back with rum cakes and lots of Mango Rum from the Tortuga Factory - yummy

Our second stop was COZUMEL - Here we SWAM WITH THE DOLPHINS - what an experience that was. Our dolphin Dory was a sweetheart. I am a big wimp so this was a biggy for me believe me. I was not afraid of Dory but I am not great in deep waters and snorkelling but it was great.

Our next stop was in COSTA MAYA - one of my favorite's- we did a lot of shopping there and since I speak spanish I was able to barter with them in their language which they loved - they got me - we came back loaded from this port. Truly enjoyed it.

Last stop was BELIZE - poor country but very nice people. We did the cave tubing there which started off on a 1 hour bus tour leading us to the river area where we were to embark on our journey.We all geared up with our head lamps and inner tubes in our bathing suits and water shoes (this was quite a funny site) up/down a rough path through an area which resembled a lost world to me. This lead us to a river where we lazily tubed for about a mile or more down a river. We tubed through dark caves and then out into open rain forrest areas. We really loved this excursion.
This really tested my strength as we did a lot of walking an paddling with our hands in the tubes when we had to move in areas where the water was not. IT FELT GREAT. We did not get to try the Tree Canopy Gliding which was on our list in Belize as the tubing took most of the day. But next time we will.

I can't say enough about the service we received on the Carnival "Miracle". Everyone was great and the food was non-stop and we found everything to be extremely fresh.

My significant other got a little bout of a 24 hours stomach thingy and I got it after 2 day's at home but other then that all was great. We really feel it was not from anything on the ship though and I am grateful I was home when it hit me.

Unfortunately now back to reality - I will be seeing my onc next week for results fo the rescanning I had done this week (we found a new spot on my PET before my cruise) so we will deal with that next week -

meantime I am still so relaxed I am at peace for now. Will keep you all advised as to results.

Talk to you soon

Irene