View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 03:35 AM   #4
*_Emma_*

Thank you for your replies!
My cousin seems to have gotten the maximum amount of radiation, at least according to Finnish regulations.

I have searched the web for gamma knife treatments, but so far it seems that closest place providing the treatment is in Stockholm, Sweden. But that might be due to lack of updating the information in the web. At least I made her promise to ask her doctor.

For what I understood by reading the articles in the web (by googling "gamma knife"), there are no clear limitations for using gamma knife, one interview stated that as many as ten mets can be treated. My cousin says she has many but does not know how many exactly. However in all lobes.

I have also had my share of fighting with doctors (had Hodgkin's ten years ago) so I try to encourage her to question their decisions over and over again without giving false hopes. Sometimes you would just want to sit back and trust them to know best...

I only wish doctors would finally understand that at least 50% of recovery is emotional strength and that should never be taken away from the patients - although keeping them informed of realities is essential. But both can be accomplished!

Thanks again,
Emma