View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 06:06 AM   #5
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

Hi Kristen and Rosebud -

I do not really know what the CEA actually stands for. Another form of tumor marker. In my years, they have drawn CEA / 27-29 and now the 15/3. For years it was the CEA and the 27/29 then my onc. changed to the 15/3 - Although they have told me that the CEA is not as specific and can change ie, if there is an infection going on in your system, etc. - I feel this one is the one that my body seems to be the most sensitive to and my doctors have found it to be true also. For me it seems to work so far. Like I mentioned, this does not apply to everyone and we still check the 15/3 along with it.

I can truly say though, that throughout the years, for me, this has been a good indicator. I must say that I am very vigilant in keeping up with all of my blood work results as well as scans and have found "my" pattern.

At present - I am very watchful since I had liver surgery last July. Everything seems to be good so far but this is about the same time frame out from my previous occurence so I am keeping a very close eye out for any changes. Unfortunately, not an easy thing to remove from our minds I know, but taking control seems to help me.

I am getting ready to have all my scans again now in April to see if anything new popping up.

Meantime, I am enjoying life to the fullest everyday, and make as many plans for the future as possible.

I wish you ladies the best of luck and my prayers are with you. Stay strong.

Irene