View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #4
jessica

hi linda,
there was never any major discussion about whether or not to combine herceptin w/abraxane. she did make sure that i understood that abraxane has never been studied w/herceptin, but that was it. incidentally, there isa trial at mem.sloan kettering studying weekly abraxane (abi-007)w/herceptin & carboplatin currently underway.
Also, remember "Taxol" is paclitaxel in a cremphor based preservative. Abraxane is a paclitaxel in an albumin base. So the active ingredient is identical, it's just the 'vehicle' that delivers the drug that is different.
Think of taxol delivering paclitaxel in a big metro bus w/lots of pollution. Abraxane delivers all the benefits of paclitaxel in a vehicle that doesn't leave behind pollution & all kinds of toxicity that require pre-meds like decadron or benadryl.
Since I just had my first dose on Thurs. I'm not due again for 3 weeks. Too early to determine if my whites are going to take a hit, but definitely no decadron w/ the infusion.
Right now I'm still completely fixated on my hair falling out AGAIN. I'm trying to meditate on it & WILL IT TO STAY STUCK IN MY HEAD!! i did see a post from another woman on another site that has been in the MSK study for the past 7 months (weekly abraxane/hercep/carbo) & has experienced "minimal hair loss". I'm so jealous!
Hope this info is helpful. Please feel free to email me directly @jmalucas4@gmail.com if I can help w/anything else.
Until then, take good care & keep the faith,
Jessica