View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
imported_Joe

To all,

In August 2004, we were notified by Dream-Tools.com, who had hosted our previous message boards, that they would no longer be providing their service after our contract ran out, which was mid-November.

This is the 2nd time that this has happned to our group since it started. With the help of another member who is a computer programmer we started searching for a viable substitute. The decision was made to purchase the new message boards and host them on our server.

Foremost in our minds was the need to preserve our archives, which dated back over 1 year. These archives contained a wealth of information that honestly, I did not want to lose. Because of technical reasons, the present message board published by Invision.com was the only one where we could convert our old database and integrate it into their system. At last count, there were over 20,000 posts.

As I see it we have several options:

1. To find a more user friendly message board, use that one for new posts and retain this one ONLY for the purpose of searching for info.

or

2. Don't worry about the archives and just get a new message board.

I am also displeased with the new message board and am open to ANY ideas. In short, I need your feedback. If you frequent other websites and feel that we should use their message board system , post the site address and we will investigate the possibilities.

Warmest Regards
Joe