View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 05:44 AM   #1
Lyn

We have been discussing in another post the effects of estrogen loss and intamacy in menopause. I have been looking for alternatives because I cannot take Hormone replacements, my cancer feeds on estrogen. I take Aromasin which destroys the estrogen, I know it works because my Pap Smear came back as abnormal and it was due to no estrogen, I had to use an estrogen cream for a week and have the smear done again, it came back normal then, so I am in a catch 22 but not quite convinced that creams are safe, so do we stumble on in pain and discomfort or enjoy and hope for the best. Found this article which is puzzling right to the end. There are a few of us ladies who would like some input into personal experiences with lotions and potions designed to help this problem.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Guardian Angel Natural Estrogen Cream

A Non-prescription Pure Natural Estrogen (Estriol USP) is now available.
(Not to be confused with phyto-estrogens)

Active Ingredient: 50 mg Micronized Natural Estriol USP.

Inert Ingredients: Purified water, Lanol (vegetable origin), Sepigel, Essential Omega Oils, Liposome Delivery System, Germaben (Fragrance Free).

Directions: Apply cream to soft tissue arreas. Use 1 - 4 mgs. Start with 1/4 tsp. 3 X per week or as recommended by your health care professional.
1/4 teaspoon contains 1 mg. micronized natiral estriol USP.

For best results, use in conjunction with a progesterone cream (on the same days)*

Estriol is not phyto-estrogens
Natural Estriol USP is made the same way natural progesterone USP is made. Sterol analogues found in many varieties of plants (Mexican Wild Yam) are combined with specific bacteria and the resulting hormone is bio-identical in chemical structure to the hormone produced by the human body.
Premarin®, conjugated equine estrogen, has been the most commonly prescribed estrogen supplement in the United States. Premarin®, Prempro®, Premphase® and Prempac® are synthesized from pregnant mare's urine.

Excerpts from "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause" By Dr. John R. Lee, M.D.
If a three-month trial of progesterone plus proper diet and supplements of magnesium and B6 do not relieve hot flashes or vaginal dryness, then low-dose natural estrogen may be helpful. All the available evidence we have so far indicates that estriol is the safest estrogen to use to control menopausal symptoms, and that it may even be protective against breast cancer. If you need to supplement some estrogen, you can use a natural estrogen in a cream. We can't emphasize strongly enough that no woman, with or without a uterus or ovaries, should ever take estrogen alone. It should always be combined with natural progesterone. There are no exceptions to this.

Excerpts from "Estriol, the Forgotten Estrogen?" The Journal of the American Medical Association.
In our country it has been labeled as a weak or ineffective estrogen and difficult if not impossible to obtain. Actually it is not weak if given in adequate doses. A dose of 2 to 4 mg is the equivalent of .6 to 1.25 mg of conjugated estrogen and is just as effective. It has been available in Europe for many years. Importantly, estriol does not lose its unique identity, as does estradiol. It remains estriol. Lemon, reporting on chemically induced rat mammary carcinoma, demonstrated a notable inhibition of mammary carcinogens with estriol therapy compared with therapy using estrone and estradiol. According to an unpublished study by Henry M. Lemon, John F. Foley, and M. Anne Kessinger, 2.5 to 5 mg of estriol, equivalent to a little more than .65 and 1.25 mg of conjugated estrogens were used, with the informed consent of patients, in post-menopausal women with breast carcinoma and metastases. The preliminary investigation was initiated as a trial of the safety and estrogenicity of the hormone in post-menopausal women with breast cancer and not primarily to test it's activity as an alternative therapeutic estrogen for breast cancer. Thirty-seven percent receiving this small dosage had remission or arrest of matastatic lesions.

GA-001Regular price: $49.99Sale price: $43.95, 3/$119.85