View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
Kristin

Pan, I like to keep up on this because I want to know what to look for or feel. I went to The American Brain Tumor Assc. ISBM. from Harvard. Easy to read and comprehend.

The most common symptoms are headace, muscle weakenss, and behavioral distrubances. It is not a slower growin diesease (according to them) slower that colon cancer.

If there is alot of swellin in the brain it can effect your vision..It did not however say if it woud be one or both eyes.

Some pysical changes you might notice is changes in vision, language disturbances, changes in sensory loss and unavailable to speak or write.

I hope this will take you to the link and you can be prepared for the conversation with you onc on Monday. I hate to scare you, but Lisa and others found there by scans wtih no symptoms. I will say this but I am sure you will be worried all weekdend. Try to not let it consume your whole weekend. If is is brain mets, there is the option of treating it successfully and if it isn't well I would love to see a post that is happy agin.
Brain mets are the same cancer cells that you had with original dx of BC. It just has spread to other parts of the body and has started to grow. It is not a brain tumor per say. Not a dfferent cancee. Just like lung mets, you dont have lung caner, but cancer that got through, through the lymoph nodes and has setteled some where else. Hope I made sense and that the board I refered to is accurate. You are going to be alright. Hang in tehre, k