View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 05:37 AM   #9
lindaw

Dear Sandy
I thought I had sent a message but it hasn't appeared. Everything I read about this combo sounds so positive and effective. I am on taxol /herceptin weekly for 3 weeks and then 1 week just herceptin. I had local recurrence of cells at the scar / debate ats to whether skin mets or left over cells from a large tumor. I had pre optrial 3 weekly until the cells appeared .
I had the cells removed and 6 weeks later another microscopic red dot . I had another biopsy and then chemo was suggested. I always wonder if I should have also had post op chemo to make sure everything was gone. Well I am having it now.
I have had 2 rounds ( 2 months) and there is no sign of any red things so i am happy. The chemo is okay. My hair has thinned but not all fallen yet. I have had really painful sore legs from knee to ankle just this last round on 1 occassion. Managed this with panadeine and it was only really bad one day now it just niggles. The chemo nurs said it may happen again.I am not sure what the carbo does for side effects but it sounds good for this combination. All the best - remember it is a good chemo efficacy wise.
love
Linda