View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 01:07 PM   #3
Jackie

Hi Linda,
I, too, am sorry to hear of your mets to the lung. It took me a long time to adjust to having a recurrence (mine was to bones), and I can well understand your frustration in wondering if yours could have been prevented! A year before my recurrence, my onc for some reason (and without consulting me) administered a Ca 27/29 test that showed elevated protein levels long before there was measureable disease. All subsequent tests were negative but she remained suspicious. During that time she didn't recommend any treatment (stupid me, I wasn't aware of herceptin trials). She maintained that treatment wd not begin until disease progression was confirmed. I remember her remarks that treatments were not good enough to prevent recurrence. You can drive yourself crazy second guessing....you have a lot of ammo to throw at this thing! That's the attitude I have adopted from this website, for which I am truly thankful. There are many success stories out there that give us all the hope we need and deserve. Best of luck to you in winning the challenge in front of you!