Thread: SueF2
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
SueF2

Hi Lisa,

This is the first time I have been back to the boards after my first infusion on Tuesday! Something I really didn't expect - I was wiped out!!! Got home Tuesday night and then slept most of the day on Wednesday. First day I have missed from work through all this (thru AC and Taxotere). That was the main thing, though, thank goodness, and I was much better yesterday. Hopefully, with a 30 minute session instead of 90 minutes of Herceptin next week (along with the Navelbine), it won't hit me so hard.

I do/did have pleural effusion, though, too (and both of those other drugs say shortness of breath could be a side effect, too) so it may have been a triple whammy! I had the fluid drained this morning. It's so cold it's a little hard to tell how improved I am, though. But I did go up the stairs with not too much problem, so that's a big plus. Now the area where I was drained is hurting, but hopefully a good night's sleep will make lots of this stuff better!

And I get a port next week, too, for the weekly infusions I will be getting. Anyone have any problems? It will be put in the lower part of my upper arm.

Thanx so much for caring...

Sue