View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 02:48 PM   #2
Lyn

Hi Charlie, it is nice when husbands contribute to this site. I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer, IBC some years back, my cancer was detected in 1998. I was told that it was a fast moving agressive, ugly form of cancer which was incurable and I would be lucky to see 2 years. I have since found out that my IBC was in fact Invasive Breast Cancer, same initials, which didn't make much difference anyway because I have been doing chemo, radiation, Essiac, herbs, vitamins,lotions and potions, meditaion, relaxation, visualisation and colour therapy along with many other members of this site, but it has not let up. Like many women on this site we are all open minded and desperate enough to try anything for a cure and we do, but it is sad when merchandiser take advantage of our vunerablity so they can turn a $. Everyone has cancer cells laying dorment in their body but something triggers it off and we are the unlucky ones. Research is also pointing to child hood diseases, glandular fever, barr epstein virus and many more. I myself had glandular fever but I wasn't aware of it at the time because I had so many blood tests when I was ill and felt my glands were up and they came back negative and then one day I was told that my blood test showed I had it within the last 12 months of that blood test. I was also exposed to pesticides. Many of our chemo drugs are actually made from alternative medicine, the Herceptin is from the ovaries of the Chinese Hamster, Taxoter, Taxol from the nettles of the french elm tree. My onc and many others agree that they are open minded to a cure, we just have to strike the magic combination. Over time, I have been told that women have been cured with boiled paw paw leaves, noni juice, mine was Essiac Tea but not in my case of course but it is an immune system booster and it makes my mother happy that I am still taking it as my father insisted on making it and paying for it, sadly he passed away last June but until the day he died he insisted that he had cured me, I don't know what he was thinking when I was going for treatments, but I love him for it. I also took part in a study with the Brisbane Univerity of Alternative Medicine, for a period of two years, all of my pills, potions, herbs, vitamins and alternative treatments including the harsh chemo drugs were recorded. We all agree that if there were an alternative to harsh drugs and radiation we would have it if we were guaranteed a cure but with this disease it does no descriminate and has no conscience so we are at the mercy of who else but GOD, and no one on this site would want to get into an argument about it as we are all trying to remain positive if not for ourselves but our loved ones. I am sure your input has been appreciated on this site and do drop in often.

Hugs Lyn