View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 11:40 AM   #3
Ron, Cyndi\'s Husband

Charlie, I believe your heart is good but your message is wrong. You see, no matter how much husbands care and want to make everything right and find reasons for this horrid disease in our loved one, we are outsiders! These ladies (and a few men)are in a fight that you and I can only observe. Our wives have a disease that they DO NOT deserve under any circumstances, let alone if they may have allowed their immune system get a little low.

Please stop analyzing why she has the disease and start looking for ways to help her beat it. The first and most important thing to remember is that the claims for the herbal remedies ARE NOT necessarily proven. Ther have been few,if any scientific studies or trials like the chemicals these ladies have pumped into their bodies each time they visit the cancer centers.

Charlie, our best and most important part in this whole mess is: 1. Support, Support, Support. 2. Unconditional and demonstrated love. 3. Genuine care, do things just for her comfort. 4. PRAY and share her with others, they want to pray for her too. 5. PRAY like your life depends on it..IT DOES! 6. Depend on Jesus. (That may not be politically correct but it is still MY belief.) The way we show all this is by telling her how good she looks to you, yes even bald as she is. I can only kiss the top of her head when she is bald - and I love that too. Try doing some cooking and house cleaning too - you will be surprised how much better she will feel!

Do some research for things that are on the horizon for your CANCER SURVIVOR. There are a lot of things that are exciting. Such as the new discoveries and things that are coming out of and going into clinical trials. My wife is not too interested in all the details, but at least I know some semi-intellegent questions to ask the Oncologist. Find out if there are trials that might suit your wife's situation.

God bless you and your precious wife.
Ron