View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
Vi

I think that many friends just don't know what to say or how to act. It will be 1 year in April that I was diagnosed, and my friends are still there for me. We're pretty honest with each other...when I feel like talking, we talk. When I feel like laughing we laugh. The most important thing that my circle of friends did for me is remind me how much I mattered. Be sure your friends understand that there is no right or wrong thing to ask or share. Friendship to me is unconditional. My friends are as important to me as my family, but in different ways. My friends were picked by me, they were not born unto me or me unto them. We have many shared values, and we have many differences...that's what makes friendships so real. I would be honest with your friends and tell them how you're feeling. What an honor it would be for a friend to tell me they miss me and would like more of me in their life. If these are friends you care about, open the dialogue. I think you'll find many just don't know what you need or how they should act. Be well.