View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
Anonymous

Hi Chris,
You will probably get some very wise advice from some of the sisters (and brothers, too!) here who are far more educated about the many facets of this disease than I am. But, I will get the ball rolling by saying that it might be a good idea to discuss participation with your onc in a trial using Herceptin as an up front prophylactic. Herceptin is currently an FDA approved drug for use after b/c recurrence, but there is interest in its effectiveness in preventing a recurrence. (Others might have more info relating to obtaining it "off protocol".) Trials are anchored in particular areas in the US but other cancer centers often join the study, making it locally available to many women. You might click on the Clinical Trials Board on this site(just below Main Board) to see what info is available here. In the meantime, you have every reason to believe that you'll have a complete recovery so think positively!! You have caught the b/c early and that's wonderful! There is no escaping that it's impossible to go back to the carefree existence we all had before diagnosis, but hopefully you will be able to find a place to stash that stress and enjoy raising your children. Every day becomes so valuable! This site has provided wonderful support and information to many sisters facing the challenge of b/c, and I hope that it can do the same for you!
Best wishes to you in the future!