View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 12:25 AM   #1
christine

I received this message this morning on our guestbook. The sender wished to remain anyonomous. Please Comment.

Hugs
Christine

I am a breast cancer patient HER2 positive, node negative. Had 6 sessions of taxotere/epirubison and went toxic on chemo. It has been a 1 1/2 years since chemo. I have permanent tissue damage, no reflexes left in feet, permanent neuropathy in toes and fingers, numbness entire side of the right breast and right back, down right arm to elbow. My question to you is why is it that NO ONE on any website chooses to share with patients the permanent damage chemo can do and the symptoms patients should be looking for instead of depending on their docs. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING on the permanent effects of chemo. I wish I had known that this could happen, I feel as though I was purposely not given enough information to make an informed decision about the treatment I chose. Had I known my qualify of life would be so ****ty and I would be working towards homelessness, I would never had accepted chemo as treatment. SHAME ON THE MEDICAL PROFESSION FOR KEEPING THIS A SECRET!!!!!!!!!!