View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 06:38 PM   #11
Steph N

WEll, girls - it DOES eventually get better. Taxotere was really hard on me, and they don't say anything about these side effects (they are minor, I guess)when you get the info sheets.
I was only off the Taxotere for 6 months when I had to go back on a new regimen for mets. So, was just getting some lashes and nose hair back when it all went again.
Taxol was not as hard on my eyes as the Taxotere. I did not look like I was crying all the time!
I have the pollen and dust allergies, so a runny nose is part of my "territory" whether I am on chemo or not. But, it WAS worse on chemo.
I find that Allegra is better for me. The Zyrtec allergy relief seemed to bother my heart a little with fluttering. I have needed to take some allergy medicine really constantly while on chemo, even in the winter. It helped me sleep.
Two years out the nose hair is back, but my eyelashes are still a bit sparse. (Wish it was the other way around!) Eyesight is restored to prechemo vision with no change of glasses. Eyes mainly tear when something I am allergic to passes by.
Patience and being NED are the key in my case. We just can NOT go though the battering of tough chemo and come out exactly the same. But I must say that the chemo was not as bad as I had been warned by some older survivors.