View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 01:02 PM   #6
Annemarie

I got Dr. Susan Love's Guide to BC and it was very informative. I also bought a more elementary book of Rosie O'Donnells bc which made things less scary. At first I did not want to talk to others so I read inspiring books the first being from Lance Armstrong who had a 5% chance at success of beating his disease and has since won 6 Tour de France and been in remission for atleast five years. Another book is Neil Cavuto who beat leukemia and MS entitled More than Money and it lists a lot of famous people and how they over came Cancer. I also read Evan HAndler from Sex in the City's book called "Life On Fire" he fought AML a deadly for of leukemia and he is alive over 20 years later. These are books that were comforting that I could read at my own pace when I was ready. When it all got to much I just put the books away. Your mother is very blessed to have such a caring daughter like your self. Also what about second opinions? Any good Dr. would never mind a second opinion and it may be extremely valuable especially if you think he or she may have missed something prior.