View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 01:36 AM   #2
Kristen

laurn, you are turning your life around right NOW. You have recognized what you want and need to do and that is the first step. How you get there is the next step.
I don't know if you are a spiritual person or not, my back ground is christian, but I look at all of them. This coming wed, I going to 10 week course on Mindfulness taught by the Rhime Buddisht Temple.
I tell you I am in the same boat as you. Over the last year my husband did so much of the caring for the kids and they always ask for dad first and it breaks my heart. As I am regaining my strength I am just trying to keep up with there everyday stuff and just talking more. We just started taking away things and they listen pretty well, but it took doing each and every time until they realized I was back.
Kids are so forgiving, I know I hate myself when I yell at my kids. I would love to just be the kind of person who just takes everything in stride and my feathers don't get ruffled, but I feel you and I aren't those kind of people but we strive to be and that's whats important.
I have never heard you this upset before, if you would like to talk I will email my phone # to, I am no shrink, but I have a good ear. take care k