View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #6
Audrey

Lauren, so sorry to read your post and learn of your friend's death...life is definitely not fair but believe me it is still good...Will it help you to know that I, too, was reluctant to discipline my two kids when I was going through treatment...I wasn't sure I was going to live and wanted them to remember me as being fun and sweet and not yelling at them... Fortunately, a social worker at the clinic where I got my Herceptin taught me that kids need discipline and limits, that it makes them feel safe, and that it's okay for sick Moms to get angry sometimes, like everyone else. I went on Paxil to deal with the anxiety and depression that a cancer diagnosis brings, and today am doing great (3 years after dx)--slowly, you will start to feel more like yourself and you'll start to see all the important life lessons you and your family have learned from this hard experience.. Please know your feelings are normal and I think we've all been there at one time or another--my latest issue is feeling guilty that I got sick and made my poor family go through so much..even though it is not my fault. Sorry, now I'm rambling--my heart goes out to you and I hope you find some peace! Hugs, Audrey