View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 04:31 AM   #3
Steph N

Jessica wrote: "I pursued a ton of tests w/an Endocrinologist, I have tested positive for insulin resistance.I was quite shocked & frustrted to find all the information about the positive link between insulin resistance & breast cancer resistance & mortality.Additionally, I discovered an article on the ASCO website that indicates insulin growth factor can block herceptin receptors, rendering herceptin (in the face of insulin resistance & increased insulin growth factor in the blood stream)ineffective. THAT IS HUGE NEWS FOR ALL OF US HERE."

Your story IS an eye-opener. May explain why some patients did not do well like myself in my clinical trials and after.
Would like to clarify: Does the insulin resistance mean that you tend to put on weight and what might be symptoms of this problem??

About the liver lesion. Chances are VERY good that the Taxol will kick its butt in no time. Keep us posted on the RFA or other possibility along that line. No hair is No fun especially if you live in a cold climate in winter. BUT, you stated the reason you are on chemo - to shut down any more bad cells that are out there looking for friends to party with at some nice spot on your bones or other organs.
One more question? What were your tumor marker numbers while NED and now?