View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #38
donocco

Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

VDC

That is interesting. The problem with Curcumin is the poor absorbtion.

Ill share one idea that has been in my mind for awhile. There is something called the copper/zinc ratio. You measure the serum copper in microgram % by the serum zinc in microgram% and get a ratio. A level of both copper and zinc of 90microgram % would be a common level for both zinc and copper.

Say you draw blood from a healthy 20 year old woman. The copper/Zinc ratio might be 0.85 meaning the serum zinc is higher than the serum copper. If the zinc level were 100mcg% (a normal value) and the serum copper were 85mcg% the copper/zinc would be 0.85.

In cancer you run into cu/zn ratios of 1.5, 1.8. 2.2. As the cancer gets more progressive the copper/zinc ratio rises. If you had 100 women with breast lumps and drew blood on all of them you could pretty well diagnose the cases that are malignant by calculating the copper/zinc ratio. Interestingly women with benign breast lumps have a cu/zn ratio in between cancerous and no lump women. One hundred women with no breast lumps might have a copper/zinc ratio of 0.9. Those women with fibrocystic lumps might have a ratio of 1.1 while those with breast cancer might have a copper/zinc ratio of 1.5 and higher. I realize cancer is now diagnosed before the lump stage now but the death rate hasnt dropped. That is a whole different story.

This abnormally high copper/zinc ratio holds true for every cancer. Melanoma might be an exception. Not sure. Perhaps you could put a few articles on the board.

I have often asked myself "What if you artificially raised the zinc blood level by taking oral zinc supplements. What if you took a dose daily of zinc sufficient enough to
lower the the copper/zinc ratio to a normal level of say 0.9. This might have a beneficial effect on the course of the cancer. It might not. I doubt it would cause much toxicity.Of course I cant be sure. I think its worth a try. I wouldnt expect this bjt it wouldnt shock me if this produced a very beneficial effect. Stranger things have happened. In this case you have to work with a willing physician as only an MD can order the necessary blood tests to measure the zinc copper levels and calculate a copper/zinc ratio. It makes sense to correct an abnormality virtually always seen with cancer. Just like each bacterium needs certain nutrients to thrive maybe cancer depends on this high copper/zinc ratio/ Please forgive any mispellings

Paul

PS cancer has been treated with copper reduction with some success but changing the copper/zinc ratio to a normal level seems easy and may be worth trying.
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote