View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 02:23 AM   #33
donocco

Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

VDC

You got the articles. The I think Danish study where the patients with mets became clear of them. The dose of Q10 apparently is very important. Someone taking Q10 for mets probably should take about 400mgs per day. Serum level may be important like with seizure meds. I didnt realize that the results had been duplicated in other studies. That is encouraging. I thought one of the pts in the Danish study had pleural mets but I wasnt sure. I read it years ago.

As far as I know there is no single chemical pycnogenol. Its the mixture of chemicals you mentioned. It comes from a bark of a pine tree that grows in Gascony, a province of southwest france. Ill doublecheck tommorrow. I buy it from Amazon. Yes the osteoarthritis study was the exact one where a pycnogenol dose of 100mg daily dropped the C reactive protein from 3.9 to 1.1.
Inflammation is a relatively general term. It seems to be effective

Im really interested in the last plant you mentioned. I never heard of that one but it sounds interesting. Ill print out the article at work Thursday.

One thing Id like to study is the mechanism of action of these IL6 blockers.
If they have different mechanisms of action they could be combined. Thats
how you treat high blood pressure. Start with Hydrochlorothiaze. If that isnt sufficient add a Calcium Channel blocker (Norvasc). If you still have to drop the blood pressure lower add a Beta blocker (Atenelol) etc. Each blood pressure drug has a different mechanism of action.

This interleukin 6 vs herb lowering is something to research. Keep me busy.

Thanks for your efforts

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote