View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 01:21 AM   #22
VDC

Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

SoCalGal,
I take the idea of complementary medicine! (not alternative). I DO think there is much that isn't known about what we call supplements...both for good and for bad. I would truly like to see more research in it, but there just isn't any money in supplement research! What drug company wants to sponsor research that wouldn't bring in any funds? That is part of why I have been doing supplement research on my own for quite some time. Not in isolation, but in concert with traditional medicine. Of course prior to this cancer diagnosis it was with my son who has Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia. Against medical advice I started tinkering with his supplements and medications (always with his physicians knowledge) and we were able to lower by 50% his LDL beyond what traditional medicine was able to accomplish.

Do I think supplements can cure cancer? NO! A resounding no. I am NOT trying to cure my cancer with supplements. However, I would like to slow it down a bit! As I told my family when I began supplement research, "I would like to make this cancer as unhappy as possible by every means possible!"

I am scheduled to start an immunotherapy trial in early July. I was supposed to start in June but my dad is having heart ablation and I am his caregiver. So, July it is.

Thank you for caring! Your response was obviously out of care and concern.
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote