View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 03:11 PM   #46
Juls

Re: The power of words

Andi & Ann
Thank you so much for your replies. Needed them today - not been my best day!!

Got myself totally stressed today over making an urgent dental appointment before starting Bisphosphonate. Due to holidays couldn't make last week and my Nurse insisting on this been done asap - think I must have control issues because I can't move this fast especially when dental work involved!! Found myself really upset over this and all other things!
There has been little discussion about all of this. They have decided on everything except the bisphosphonate and that is only because I mentioned Denosumab etc. Their preference is Zometa. Not sure I want this one but may not have a choice.
CT report 24th & treatment started 31st. No other checks done yet. Bone scan and leg x- ray to be arranged. Could have had the x-ray on evening of 31st but Onc offered it and then immediately withdrew offer saying " you will be wanting to go home." Quite frankly I would have gone for it asap.

They are now requesting all my scans from private hospital for checking. They made a big thing about the same Rad Consultant reading my scans which has backfired. Fresh eyes might have been better!! I can forgive the reading of scans at beginning of last year but the latter ones not so much. Especially when they are already concerned about Femur & being referred to Orthopaedic Surgeon. Pelvis can't be as bad because its not been mentioned again,
I actually sat in Oncologists office trying to be positive. Effectively making excuses for others and saying "had drug for a year that I shouldn't have had, it must have helped". Really Juls -what were you thinking.

Andi - I would have googled "omental caking" as well (confession time - I have!) Hoping all is well.
I know a little about Glaucoma - family history - My Father, Uncle and Aunt. All had same thoughts as you. They were caught early and just have regular eye drops and checks. All doing well.

Ann - Love the words! Think I'll try this next time I see Onc. Mind you don't think she will crack a smile!

Last edited by Juls; 01-06-2016 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: spelling
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote