View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #18
SpitFire

Re: Weird Mammogram Report

My Breast Surgeon told me that if I had a lumpectomy, I would have a 7% to 8% chance of local recurrence after radiation. My Radiologist Oncologist told me I would have 1% chance of recurrence after radiation. My Breast Surgeon also told me if I had a mastectomy, I would still have to have radiation and would have 1% chance of local recurrence after radiation. Based on the information I had, the lumpectomy was the best choice by far, until I got this new information concerning my mammograms.

Mammogram 1 - Benign scattered calcifications in both breasts
Mammogram 2 - Benign scattered calcifications in both breasts
Mammogram 3 - Left lumpectomy breast has no calcifications and is healthy, Right healthy breast had fine, linear calcifications that were missed on the two prior mammograms, but luckily have been stable for the last two years so I need to go in in 6 months so they can look at it again.

What would they look for in 6 months? Fine and linear are not good, but because it has been stable for 2 years, that means it is "probably benign" I guess.
Stage IIb
9/2013 TCH
10/2013 TCHP
1/2014 End chemo!
2/2014 Lumpectomy Complete Response
2/2014 - 4/2014 Radiation
9/2014 Last Herceptin
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote