View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
SpitFire

Smile Re: Weird Mammogram Report

I was told to just get a mammogram once every year, unless there are any changes of course. Last week, I went in for my yearly mammogram as advised to do (they offer 2d digital mammograms). And I was told that baseline recommendation was to get a mammogram every 6 months for two years out from the lumpectomy. I was also told that there was no change in my breasts, but the calcifications that were seen on the all 3 of the mammograms are stable but have always been linear so they need to watch that anyways. It was noted on my report that the calcifications are linear and need to be watched and that they were unchanged from the previous mammograms. So they didn't see that they were linear. Then, on my report, it also mentioned that I had extremely dense breasts. All of my other prior tests say that I had heterogeneously dense breasts. My first MRI just says that I have benign calcifications as do my first two mammograms, my second MRI says there are no calcifications. 3d mammograms are better than 2d mammograms, but may not replace a MRI of ultrasound.

I found this link from someone on this forum, it gives a lot of good information about dense breasts.

http://densebreast-info.org/default.aspx

I have had a rough time with some of my doctors. I get told something new every time I turn around. I am not getting the care I need from my doctors.
Stage IIb
9/2013 TCH
10/2013 TCHP
1/2014 End chemo!
2/2014 Lumpectomy Complete Response
2/2014 - 4/2014 Radiation
9/2014 Last Herceptin
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote