View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
Becky

Re: A Place to Vent about "Awareness"

This time of year is always bittersweet. I was diagnosed at the end of August and had surgery early September and started chemo in October. I am happy to be 10 years out and still ned. However, I remember taking two of my daughters (15 and 13 at the time) to the mall in October. I had credit cards with no balance and i was just gonna let them go at it. A fun, no rules day as everyone was under so much stress. We could just forget about it all. But we couldn't. Every store where we were checking out, "do you want to buy this scarf or candle for breast cancer", every clerk would ask. Even at the makeup counter (I really remember the makeup counter because she was so pushy but I kept my cool) . Ugh, a fun day was a diaster for me. (Not my girls though cuz I spent almost $500 on them (but that was the point). So October is not my month.

I also think about all the other cancers too. What about them? I do understand it does help us somewhat. And Komen. I could write a book about how dis appointing they are to me personally but thats another post. I prefer to help the American Cancer Society. They were a real help to me. But most of all was finding this group. You're all the best!

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote