View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #16
Pat94

Re: Somethings you just have to tell.

CLD14, I agree with you. I wish they would just lay it out in all the draconian depths of purgatory but I guess they are afraid we will all run for it. Who knows, maybe we would. Anyway, my husband keeps reminding me that not everyone can handle that level of honesty - a bit like the difference in dipping your toe in the pool & gradually going deeper to jumping in the deep end and swimming for it. I have decided he is one of the dippers and I am a deep diver; I think he wants to believe that there are just minor temporary problems and, as soon as treatments are over, we will be back to our old selves, minus a few body parts in my case. It's why I depend on all the folks on this web site to let me know the truth since I know most doctors I have met try to sugarcoat things. I finished radiation on Friday and start chemo on Wednesday. Radiation was a piece of cake for me. I think it must help to have a dead chest ( my double mastectomy was a year ago) and a numb underarm and side (my axillary lymph node removal was in June). Wish I thought chemo would be the same.
Pat94 is offline   Reply With Quote