View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
Jennliza

Re: Double mastectomy tomorrow...starting to stress :(

I am 42yrs...went in for routine mammo...and found Microcalcifications on 4/12/14...had biopsy and MRI...and all came back as High Grade 3 DCIS. I decided for a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction on 5/20/14. Well, I will say my experience was VERY painful. According to my docs the amount of pain was unusual. However, my right breast (either tissue expander or port..culture showed contaminants) was infected...and was on antibiotics for over 3 weeks. Also my tissue expander were expanded when I awoke...so not much shock. I was very flat chested, so actually woke up bigger than what I went in with...
I am not going to sugar coat it....tissue expanders are not comfortable...but I there isnt any other option for me....I want breasts when this is all done. I will finally have my first expansion since surgery next week.
Oh...and as you can guess since I am on this site...my final pathology indicated IDC .6cm as well as DCIS. I am ER+ (90%), PR+ (60%) and HER2 + (was equivocal with 1st test,then positive on FISH). So next up after my Egg Retrieval is at least 6 yrs of treatment...TCH....then Tamoxifen...to think I went into surgery thinking...that was it for me....HA!!!!
Jennliza is offline   Reply With Quote