View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #19
Lisalou

Re: Do you ever just want to vent?

I hear you. I am tired of all of it! Starting 12 weeks of THP next week and mad that it wrecks my summer travel plans. Sometimes the words "you are so strong and positive" feel like a burden. I don't feel strong and I am not always positive. Sometimes I feel like the coping is struggling. I don't feel like I am putting on a false front for people but I am considering antidepressants to help me with the overwhelming feeling that I get sometimes. Overall I'm very grateful that I've been weathering my chemo with minimal side effects. I feel confident my decisions. I have a great support systems both at home and at work. But sometimes it just feels like a lot and it's helpful to have someone to vent to whether it's here on the website or close friend that doesn't take it out to the community and you can share with just him or her.
It does feel good to get it out. Take it one day at a time and one treatment time and sometimes we are on an emotional engine sometimes run an emotional high emotional low all the cycles of life seem to be amplifying during this phase and I think that's just part of it. Wish you all the best and thanks for providing a forum for the rest of us to vent

I'm also doing when I can to help I'm getting acupuncture. And I too am starting massage with Reiki once a week to help with the side effects and improve my outlook. Spring and summer should help also!

Lisa
Dx 1/2/2014 IDC ER/PR+
1/10/14 HER2 +
2/14/14 BRCA results negative
2/17/2014 skin & nipple sparing BMX with reconstruction Tissue expanders placed
IDC Stage 2A left breast. 9mm tumor no other CA 1/4 nodes positive
ER + PR + Her2 +(by FISH)
Right breast no cancer, sclerosing adenosis
3/13/14 Round 1 AC minimal side effects
3/27/14 Round 2 AC
4/10/14 Round 3 a little more nausea
4/24/14 round 4 hurray! Done with phase 1!
5/8/14 THP ( taxol weekly x12, Herceptin & perjeta every 3 weeks x 4)
7/24/14 done with chemo
Continue of Herceptin every 3 wks x 1 yr
5/14 start Tamoxifen x 5 years
8/18/14 removal of TEs silicone implants placed
9/14/14 Cellulitis Right Breast, suspect infected implant. Managed with Oral antibiotics, avoided surgery to remove implant. Whew!
12/17/14 nip & tuck revision of Left breast

We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face. The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, not in daring to come to grips with it. We must do that which we think we cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by Lisalou; 05-03-2014 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: Additional thoughts
Lisalou is offline   Reply With Quote