View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
Becky

Re: time of day radiation treatment received affects whether or not skin toxicitydeve

I had them the last appointment of the day and after 3 weeks, I burned to a crisp and I am a person who will slightly burn but tan in the sun.

I think I told everyone here that 5 months after I was diagnosed, my mother was diagnosed. She had a tumor that was less than 1 cm and was highly ER and PR positive but not Her2+. Because she did not need chemo, we did radiation together. She started a week or so before me but we had the same rad onc. He said I would burn more than her because I had chemo and she did not (mom only had a lumpectomy and radiation and is at 9 years out and still doing very well). My mom did not burn and had radiation in the morning - first thing (because she babysat my nephew at the time and needed to get home before he came to the house). I always thought I burned because of chemo but that may not be entirely the case.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote