View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
CarolineC

Re: Stage IV and Metastatic members-do you have weekly or every three week treatments

Thank you all for your responses! Karina14 hopefully your current treatment will be effective. How are you handling it? What are you taking as a bone remodeller? Maybe if your mets get stable they should keep you at weekly.

StephN thank you for responding. I have noticed before in your signature line of your weekly treatment. Andi also had it for a number of years. Karen was having weekly treatments before they moved her to every 3 weeks and she recurred. I was just thinking that maybe some of us need to have Herceptin in our system more often because we're possibly clearing it too fast, or possibly a dual blockade with Perjeta or chemo or all three like Rachael and Flori.

Rachael, thank you for the link! I haven't contacted Genentech yet, but I will. I also remembered I met with a doctor over two years ago who was the head of the Neratinib clinical trial in Vancouver. He is the head of the tumour board, I was told by a BC Cancer Agency pharmacist, and maybe he'll have answers to my questions.

I've decided I am going to take a break for a while and just enjoy the upcoming month before I have to deal with scans and the roller coaster. The last few months have been so busy with appointments and scans and reactions to scan solution and Pamidronate. I had a Herceptin treatment last Thursday, we went to Spokane, WA on Friday for my birthday and I was pretty tired on the weekend-we didn't return until Sunday. It was so nice to get away and rejuvenate and today I felt pretty good.

Love to all of you,

Caroline
4 x AC, 4 x Paclitaxol and H (Neupogen for 7 cycles), Herceptin complete Nov 10
Mar–Apr 2010 25 Rads
Apr 10-Oct 11- Tamoxifen
Oct 11 – 3 cm met to sternum
Oct 11-Letrozole for 3 mths, start Clasteon-bone remodeller
Nov-Dec 11 - Happy 50th Birthday -20 rads to sternum
Jan-April 2012 Taxotere/Herceptin-6 cycles (Neupogen for 5)
Herceptin every 3 weeks-Letrozole added Nov 2012
CarolineC is offline   Reply With Quote