View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #20
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Vitamin D & Breast Cancer 50% - 70% risk reductions - authoritative must watch vi

Such a great thread! Sooo important! I have been fully aware. Well, not as much as you, R.B., but having been taking D for many yrs.

I take 10,000 -- 5 days a week. Total 50,000 a week.

And I am @ 48 in the middle of the pack when my blood is tested. I remind my docs to add D and B12 -- cause I take a lot of both and want to keep a check.

I have been told calcium 1200. Is that what you have found, R. B....? I take a soft gel cause I cannot swallow the gigantic pills calcium seems to mostly come in.

So glad you have all this information out there for all to see and understand how essential D is.

All our organs depend on it, and many are unknowingly deficient.

It seems as we age our body's demand for D increases. I am grateful to be aging, and keenly aware my organs are calling out to me for MORE.

My husband has been taking D for a few yrs at my insistence. He's not a supplement person, but even he had heard/read of this essential pill!

He's also on Omega, Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ10 -- for his neuropathy pain AND THOSE LAST 3 ESPECIALLY WORK WONDERS! Oh, and I've gotten him on B-12. Probiotic.

Have more to urge him to take, but am glad I've gotten this far... zinc 30, selenium 200 are next on my list...

Thanks as always, R.B.!
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote