View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #5
sarah

Re: First chemo treatment

Hello,
well chemo is horrible but it will probably save your life so concentrate on that. I had open sores that itched and were disgusting and no one could help solve it. I have a cupboard full of creams that cancer dermatologist told me could help, they didn't. Cortisone cream didn't do a thing. to stop the itch I found calamine lotion was the best solution.
I ate pasta and gained 15 lbs but that and reading a zillion books helped me get through it. and of course a loving and patient husband and friends. I did chemo once a week for 6 months. my finger and feet nails went yellow and cracked and broke off - there's a nail polish called Evonail made especially for this that helps. Drink lots of water especially while getting the chemo but honestly I found no one had an answer to the skin problems. Patience, patience, patience. It seems like an eternity and the fatigue, which I found the hardest, is difficult and with kids, really tough but you will get through it and you will live. I hope your kids understand and help you.
take care,
hugs and love
sarah