View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #8
phil

Re: Lung Problems on Kadcyla?

i agree w/ michka, to try to continue. barbara h. on this site was one of the first to get t dm-1. she developed lung inflammation , had to stop , ( 2009 ? ) but last i heard is still ned . maybe she got enough ? she now takes herc/ tyk as safety net. i had heard of lung inflammation , but no deaths from it. the trial literature has to mention any possible s/e, incl. possible death, and also documented deaths as well. the trial write ups we have read say 2 deaths early on from liver failure, but both had pre-existing , non- cancer liver disease . i have heard of no other deaths.
We are still learning about this unique drug - how many doses ? at what strength ? maybe Lorraine has got more than enough ? like michka, we too are very gald that our docs advocated for us w. gen. to let L. stick w/ it even as plats dropped . we focused on response first , then how bad were s/e's .
it still seems to be the most promising new tx for metastatic her 2 right now. to me especially for newly dx stage iv. hope it gets replaced w/ better tx's soon.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote