View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
Becky

Re: Vaginal dryness without Estrogen therapy

I use a product call RepHresh. They use the pH in the name because they have a sister product called Replens. These are long acting lubricants only and are OTC and no estrogen. They are sold in preloaded tubes and need to be reapplied every 3 days. The first day is alittle messy and you may need a pad (even though you might apply at night you will need a little pad or something the next morning - the good news is that it's lub action works 3/4 days and the other days are not messy). The difference between Replens and RepHresh is that the Rephrest is pH buffered. Many of us also get our pH off (acidic) and so this product helps with that. I find RepHresh a better product for me. Try it. It works and no estrogen/OTC - . However, if you used to use a contraceptive jelly and that bothered you down there, this could. Some women are bothered by those jellies because they are bothered by the NP-9 in them. This is the active ingredient. But some are bothered by propylene glycol which is just a formulation ingredient. Propylene glycol is a formulation ingredient in these products. But you say you use KY and propylene glycol is an ingredient in many of these products so if you can use that, you can use this.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote