View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
SoCalGal

Re: Vaginal dryness without Estrogen therapy

After trying many, many lubes, oils, gels, creams, (refresh, renew, cocoanut oil, olive oil, organic & natural lubes, Crem de la Femme) I've had to resort to vagifem (tiny pills preloaded on a super thin applicator for easy insertion) to restore interior membranes, and enjoy a normal sex life. We also use lube, (creme de la femme is def. my preference) but without the vagifem there was pain and tissue tearing.

I am not er+ and my docs were ok with risk/benefit. Even if I was er+ I would use the product, sex is one of my deal breakers in life, I don't think so much hormone is released that it would exacerbate disease, but we each have to decided for ourselves. When I first started using it, I could cut way back on the maintenance (1 pill each week) and still get a benefit. Now I use a pill every 4 nights and it seems to work.

Vaginal dryness, loss of function has been an on-going issue on the board. So far there haven't been any major breakthroughs that I am familiar with. Just some breakdowns and break-ups.

With anti her2 therapies, there is a side effect of dryness. Add in ovary removal and its very dismal. And unfair. Perhaps we should consider phoning the Genentech hotline and reporting this as an adverse side effect not listed in literature. At least they would become aware of the problem.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote