View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #34
'lizbeth

Re: How many progress to Stage IV?

Pinkgirl,

I think you hit right on what this thread is about. It started with how many progress to Stage IV, and that in our group we were not familiar with who, if anyone, was tracking the information.

Then it progressed to the idea that it would be a good idea to track. I wasn't thinking beyond the typical categories that are currently being used, HR+, HER+, Stage 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

But you bring up good points.

I hope this type of information that you brought up is being tracked in American Cancer Society latest study, the CP3.

Your last question about the 70/30 gets to the truth. I'd like to be able to identify and sub categorize this. From looking it appears to me a large subset of ER+ and triple negatives are the majority of the reoccurences, plus a smaller subset of HER2 3+.

This is why I'm on board with getting the word out about Herceptin for low expressors of Her2, and the Herceptin E75 vaccine trials. And I'm enthusiastic that Slamon is working on something for the ER+.

Having a dialogue, learning and finding a way to make a difference is part of what this thread is about.
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote