View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #16
Cath

Re: Just need to vent - scared

Thanks everyone for your concern and advice. I really like and trust my onc and do not want to change. He has been great to me through this whole ordeal and after thinking about what happened I "know" he made a slip up when talking to the student. He would have never hurt or scared me on purpose. I know sometimes words come out of my mouth and afterwards I can just kick myself. Also in all fairness, I probably am at high risk as my 1st PET scan 2 weeks after my mastectomy was questionable. It lit up under my right arm and lit up in one node on the opposite side of my cancer. My onc felt it had a low SUV so thought it was probably inflammation but couldn't be sure. Since then all PETs have been good. I hate the scare every 6 months of getting the PET scan but feel he is watching me very carefully. I know I can demand my Port out but I trust his judgment. So guess it's my fault that the port remains in. As for staying on Herceptin, I had to take the weekly doses as he felt the 3 week dosage would be too hard on me. My ECHO's went down each time I had them so he did not want me to stay on Herceptin forever. Thanks again for all of your replies. It's nice to have people stick up for you especially ones who know what I'm going through.

Routine mammogram 6-29-11
Ultrasound 7-5-11
Biopsy 7-11-11
Right modified radical mastectomy 7-18-11 with 7 out of 24 lymph nodes positive
Stage IIIC, Grade 3, Estrogen + 100%, HER2 +
Had 5 tumors in right breast, none of which showed up on the mammogram (What showed up on mamm was a lymph node)
Lymphatic vascular invasion
Lymphedema right arm (started shortly after surgery)
TCH started August 15, 2011
Finished Taxotore and Carboplatin 11-28-11
Radiation x 36 - finished Feb. 3, 2012
Herceptin weekly for 1 year - finished 8-13-12
Arimidex started Feb. 2012 for 5 years
Left prophylactic total mastectomy March of 2012

Arimidex stopped August 2014 due to side effects
Aromasin started Sept. 2014
Cath is offline   Reply With Quote