View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
linn65

Re: Why do I read posts saying hercept not working

LOL, Bonnie I already am crazy and this cancer just made it worse!! I love, love, love that I can ask away on this forum and no one gets upset and its from Women all over the US. Social Media has its pros and cons but in this aspect it is definately a pro.

I did read about lymph nodes and looked at pictures after the fact. I was amazed what lymph nodes looked like which made the surgery even more fascinating and how they ever could come up with a way to count them. Man, we have came along way! My surgeon said in the beginning you got this at the "Right" time if you were to get it. Again, at the time it didn't fully digest but it does now.

At times when I write a question, concern, thought or anything it is hard to grasp my full meaning because writing doesn't show my inflection. I have asked questions out of worry but now that I am feeling better it comes from pure curiosty its like the more I learn the more I want to learn and understand. When I vent about my emotions this is a place for me to come and get feed back/validation that I am okay, and I am NOT CRAZY!! That term is over used! LOL

Bonnie, I keep looking for new people and the treatment path they had and so far it does seem very rare but that being said I think it is a common sense type of way to do it as well. My sister said I would have that out (meaning tumor's) right now, and I would not want that cancer in my body!!! Me on the other hand thought after a two hour consultation, 2nd opinion that his treatment plan made sense. He told me it was a partnership and I didn't know if I would like him and he didn't know if he would like me but this was doable. The only reason I didn't want to do the 2nd opinion was 83 miles from home and that was the ONLY reason. My cousin asked me if it was your son what would you do???? I said I would take him to Indy and she said why wouldn't you do the same for yourself. Light bulb went off, and I said you are right. I went with him and Monday morning canceled my surgery that was to be done Wednesday. I have never regretted that decision, and I still believe it was the best for ME.

Now, I want to learn and be the best patient advocate for me I can and if someone reads any of this along the way then it is paid forward as well.

I am working on staying in the present and working really hard at my future and what to do with it because I am clueless what to do with that, but I know it means more now in thinking about it then it used too!!!
7/20/12 biopsy done. ER+ 30 PR -, HER+++,k167 80% Grade 2
9/2012 biopsy on lymph node - showed malignant

9/2012 Pre-adjunctive TCH chemo.

12/6/12 MRI after Pre-adj.
Results: Modest Decrease in size of left breast malignancy As well as the associated satellite lesions and auxiliary Adenopathy compared to prior study. Doctors hoped for better but good response it didn't grow.

12/18/2012 left masectomy with axillary nodes
Size 3.2 CM, Nottingham score 9/9
Grade 3, no evidence of in situ carcinoma
Areas of angiolymphatic are identified
Carcinoma is 0.5 cm from inked deep
Margin of excision
Attached axillary lymph nodes: metastatic
Carcinoma in 6 of 8 nodes.
Size of largest node 1.5 cm
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

2/27/13 6 weeks of IMRT radiation finished

2/2013 Started on Tamoxifan 5 years.

8/2013 will take last Herceptin, 17 treatments total every 3 weeks.

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

August 28, 2013 DIEP flap on the left breast.
February 2014 Nip & Tuck
March 14, 2014 nipple reconstruction and removed port.
August 14, 2014 lump in lymph nodes under arm and above clavicle. Stage IV
August 28, 2014 herceptin And projeta starting and port put back in.

3/18/15 stopped arimidex.
3/18/15 progression....Tdm1
linn65 is offline   Reply With Quote