View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
SusanN

Re: Physicians have new resource for managing disease in patients with early-stage br

I appreciate your input & encouragement so very much!!

I was truly thinking about calling as to my dose this last cycle...the toxicity between 4 vs 6 has has really puzzled me with the reading I've found since I've taken this on...you & I have discussed this before...the "standard of care"...

My last treatment was July 1...I always have "delayed" side effects, of course from the decadron, etc...I went down (literally) on the couch for a good 2 days with body fatique, slept...bowels...stomach...no appetite...I honestly barely had it in me to walk from the living room to the kitchen...just soooo weak...then upstairs...I HAD to make myself DRINK & DRINK...water, G2 Gatorade, Boost or Ensure Complete...as to food...HA, what I can try and get down or EVEN sounds good!! As I KNOW I have to keep my weight on!!! I dropped to 108 one time...and normally weigh 115...this week, it's just been tough...today, I'm FINALLY feeling good...

Side effects for me last about a GOOD 4 days...my muscles/joints hurt...that would be a better description...and I feel like I have shin splints...hmmm...

One thing that would REALLY would be nice...if my mastectomy from infection would heal quicker than it is...my ribs are still so sore...UGGHH... expander placed at mastectomy, then infection 3 days later...awful experience...I have VERY thin skin...

As to what I take...Vit D 1000 am/pm, CoQ10, Biotin, a prenatal vitamin...I know there are many more I could take...

May I ask..."Selenium??"

My nurse onc told me NO to fresh veggies/fruits...too much cause for bacteria infection...okay only with peeling, so I could take off...like cantaloupe, apples...etc...

Anyhow...hope I've made a mess..."sense of myself"...I'm just sooooo ready to move on to Herceptin...the "targeted" therapy!!

I'll kick it SISTER...I wasn't in the Army and wore combat boots for 13 years not to fight and WIN...GEEEEZZZZ!!!! LOCK & LOAD!!!!
1/4/13 Rexcision, NO CLEAR MARGINS!! :(
2/11/13 Mastectomy with Expander Placed
2/15/13 INFECTION at Mastectomy site...emergency Surgery!!! Expander removed :(
DX: DCIS, IDC, Stage 2a, 2.7cm, 1/5 nodes positive
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
4/1/13 Begin 6 Cycles TCH Therapy
4/1/14 Finished Herceptin!!
SusanN is offline   Reply With Quote