View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #36
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: The power of your thoughts

HI ALL! So Soul Sisters,

I'm thanking you all from the depths of my being for your positive energy, prayers and caring.

NEDdy ,you're words are always full of wisdom. Thank you for piping in on HAS ANYBODY EVER SEEN THIS BEFORE??!!!!!!!!!

My daughter had lapaqrscopic surgery when I had my mastectomy. She mentioned the other day about the gas that's piped in --I just hate gas, can be seriously painful. Ali said I'd experience pain in my shoulders! (Which I get often from the 21 lymph nodes they removed in '95 and mastec -- still.) But this sounded way worse. You'd think a doc or nurse would mention this but so far NO. Glad for the heads up. Such pain -- in the wrong place since the surgery is in your abdomen would have thrown me, naturally.

So, oh great, I'll be passing wind (farting) all over the place for hours at least. Sooo embarrassing.

New topic, will need a new color here... Early bird specials work in my life. I do not cook. I eat 2 meals a day. Period. With my dozens of supplements. And at 4 o'clock I am famished. So I have a banana and pester Paul (who wants to go at 7, 7:30, even 8 o'clock, like the "normal" people). BUT, as we're leaving, having had a nice quiet time together, talking and hearing vs reading lips, we pass the crowds lined up and waiting to get in. Hordes of them. And I do point out that we don't want to be among those pp. He agrees.

The Italian last night is an upscale, expensive restaurant. Having a Groupon is joyous. It's a place we go to maybe twice a year. Always delicious. If we could afford it, we'd be there once a wk.

And -- YES -- I love the repair men who'll be there between 1 and 5 and come after 6, while you've been home waiting all day. So the surgeon @ 1:30 on not only an empty stomach and without a single sip of water -- is already causing me to agitate. I will appeal to the powers that be (at the hosp where I have to go Monday to sign away, receive more instructions and chat -- and at the surgeon's office where he is never available to talk, but I'll give it a go anyway).

I found my Health Proxy (middle of the night thought) and started a list of essentials which for in and out same day would be eye glasses and case basically... If I have to stay overnight, which seems like a given, and IF I have to stay yet another day -- well, panties, face soap that isn't soap, vaseline for my overly dry lips, bathrobe (will I be made to walk the halls as I did w/mastec tram flap reconst) and slippers. Panties. My supplements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know when you need a pill it's a long dragged out process involving contacting the doctor (lots of luck), getting orders, getting the busy nurses to get that order to the pharmacy which is super involved with stuff and then actually getting your meds -- is a laborious task.

When I broke my ankle in 3 places in a pot hole in NY it required surgery. I remember asking for my Zoloft. They did bring me my heart (bld pressure) meds. And asking again. And again. Till I became like a crazy woman demanding my ZOLOFT!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!

Not pretty. So -- I'm sneaking in my supply of possible needs, be it Advil or Benedryl or whatever.

I know a man who's son had Krohn's and was in the hospital having an allergic reaction to SOMETHING. PP were running all over the place, contacting doc, blah, blah. And -- he died. He could have been saved by 2 Benedryl!!!!!!!!!!! I am taking no chances. I know, my OCD is in full drive between my moments of serenity and KNOWING...

Thanks for penciling me in for sending HEALING ENERGY over the long haul. Much appreciated. Soooo thankful!

Love,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote