View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #19
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: The power of your thoughts

I agree Karen, but when I brought it up -- that Monday night and Wednesday prior to Thursday scans -- major bout of IBS
-- he insisted, this has nothing to do with that. He also said, lymph nodes not inflamed per report.

He kept going back to the 4 patients he's seen recently who had NEW stuff show up on the CTs, and it was nothing.

My last CT was last June.

My onc will be back tomorrow. 2nd Radiologist will read scans w/surgeon and discuss. Then onc and surgeon will discuss.

My umbilical hernia, which I showed surgeon at his request, was nothing to be concerned about he said. It's nothing. Sometimes if there's a bulge below the belly button, it could be something, but leave this alone.

He seemed miffed why my onc wanted a biopsy. Thinks the report says nothing, and that the first radiologist was worried -- due to my medical history. My tech (who knows me for a decade) told the radiologist to put a rush on my report, that she knows this lady and she's a good friend. Which may have created an unintended sense of urgency. They always do a same day report at this Imaging Center, even w/o the doc's script requesting it. But it was 9:50 AM and she was hoping to get it for me before noon, which has occurred in the past, much to my delight. Less anxious hours of waiting...

Carcinoid tumors don't look like this surgeon said, as report wrote concerning that might be... He's seen such tumors and this is not that.

So okay then. I'll go with my surgeon's eye to eye comments... Till tomorrow anyway...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote