View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #36
NEDenise

Talking Re: Steroid Smackdown Round 3!

Guess what!!
My wonderful onc - Amy Sanders Clark - called me...
She, and my fabulous neurologist - Steven Brem - consulted and have decided that they'd like to have my brain MRI done, not in July as originally planned...
but,
wait for it...
this Tuesday!!
That's right...only four days till I get to see how much goo is GONE!!
I suspect they're almost as anxious to find out as I am. They lobbied hard to be allowed to try this treatment regimen...and I also think they genuinely care about me not dying while having the craniotomy I don't want!

I know the goo is not all gone, because my balance is still a little "off"...but hopefully it's reduced enough that my body can do the rest...
and those tumor board clowns stop talking about scooping the goop (craniotomy)!

Some of you, who have been trailblazers...trying out unusual/cutting edge new treatments are probably not surprised by the attention my two docs are giving to me and my progress...
But, I am not used to this level of attention from medical professionals! And, I like it! I don't like needing 'experimental' treatment...or immediate and undivided attention...but I admit...the fact that when I did need it...they were only too glad to provide it...makes me very grateful!
And...if it all works out the way they (and I) are hoping...WOO HOO!!

So prayers for an awesome MRI on Tuesday 6/18...
and a spotless CT on Thursday 6/20...
will be most welcome! Prayers are what I need most!
Because...I know in my heart that...
all this medical expertise...
all this professional devotion to my care...
all the medicine in the world...
only works because God is involved...and wants it to work.

Fortunately, he seems to be very fond of me (and all of you)...and seems to agree with me that I have a LOT more work to do before He calls me home!

I believe all prayers get answered...so...I'll let you know next week whether our prayers have been answered the way I'm hoping they will be.

Sending love to all of you!
Denise

Now...

Jill!
I haven't seen your beautiful wedding avatar pop up for a while!
Missed you!

It's very flattering to be nominated for president! Thank you! I am not however the run for office type. My feelings get hurt too easily, and I don't play well with others. Having to consult with a committee makes me crazy! I have a plaque on my desk that says, "For God so loved the world, that he did NOT send a committee". I could never work with Congress - the ultimate committee! They'd drive me either to homicide or suicide! If we ever want a benevolent dictator...I'm your girl!

But...my eldest son plans to be POTUS one day. So I may yet get a behind the scenes look at the White House! Then again...I'm not sure he can get elected, no matter how great I think he'd be! The kid has a heart of gold. He is young enough to still believe that everyone can and should have everything they need. He makes FDR, JFK, LBJ, Clinton and Obama look like slackers when it comes to making sure the elderly, children and the disadvantaged have what they need to survive. And, of course, he's very devoted to medical research...as he has a vested interest in curing cancer!
]
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote